OGBK is a socio- cultural organization; it embraces unity and humanitarian services, educational development and intercultural integration among its members and the community.
OGBK shall involve on seminars and lectures, cultural festivals and arts, innovation and investments in Benin Kingdom and Worldwide.
The languages of OGBK organization shall be Edo Language and all other languages in Great Benin Kingdom, including Pidgin English and English language. Edo language shall be in written and spoken in OGBK Edo Language Forum. Other languages in Great Benin Kingdom as well shall be in written and spoken in such language forum as the case maybe. All business and office of OGBK shall be conducted in English language and Pidgin English.
Aims and Objectives:
- To unite all the indigenes of Great Benin Kingdom Worldwide.
- To promote and showcase our Great Benin cultural heritage.
- To educate and impact the Edo language and cultural studies, such as respect for our custom and elder’s in our society.
- To promote good relationship and integration into our immediate society by fostering the spirit of cooperation and mutual understanding by working with all other Great Benin Associations to achieve a common goal.
- To contribute to the development and the general well being of Great Benin Kingdom as well as our immediate society.
- To serves, protect and defend the Benin Kingdom by preserving and retaining our heroes’ works.
- To render charity and humanitarian support to desiring organization or group in Great Benin Kingdom and worldwide.
- To achieve all, members to attend meetings and seminars, donate voluntarily, raise fund, and organize cultural events and shows.
Membership of the organization shall be open and limited to the person:
- Who is by birth, or associates with the Great Benin Kingdom.
- Who registered with the Great Benin Kingdom organization, and pay the membership fees and dues as prescribed by the organisation.
- Such person referred to, must accepts the aims and objectives of OGBK.
Registration of Membership:
To be a registered member of OGBK, you are required to:
- Fill the OGBK registration form on online or in pdf and submit.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Accept the aims and objectives of OGBK
Note: There shall be a probation period of three months for a member to become qualify for a membership rights.
It is important that you register to keep the hope and the culture of the organization of Great Benin Kingdom alive.
In order to promote the moral and well being of the organization, ensuring its continuous existence, all members are obliged to:
- Carry out the duties that might be assigned to him/her in the interest of the organization.
- Pay dues and other contributions as the executives may specify.
- Promote the aims and objectives of the organization; condemn all forms of discrimination, (based on sex, religion or otherwise against others freedom) insults or bullying.
- Attend to group chats, meetings/seminars and events organized by OGBK or when invited.
These are benefits enjoyed by member(s) of the organization, protected by our rules and regulations as its constitutionally defined.
- Every member shall have the right to vote and be voted for in any of the organization executives’ election, provided that person is a financial member of OGBK.
- Every member has the rights to express his/her feelings, or opinion verbally in any matter arising in the organization.
- Every member has the right to move a motion; such could be in writing addressed
to the president of OGBK or could be made verbally to the executive central forum.
- Member can be assisted on voluntary donation if the need arises, to be decided by the executive central body.
- Member has the rights to participate in execution of organization projects and engagements provided the person cooperate with OGBK policies.
- Member can be OGBK agent or partnership in investments/innovation, provided such person agrees with the OGBK rules and regulations.
- OGBK will not accept any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination; therefore every member is responsible enough to maintain good and free discussion within and outside the organization to embrace dignity of the organization
- Under no circumstances should member’s transact any kind of business in the name of the OGBK without appropriate consent of the organization.
Withdrawal of Membership:
Any member who wishes to withdraw its membership of the organization shall inform the OGBK of his/her intention in writing. The letter shall include the reason/s of the withdrawal. He/she shall give OGBK one (1) month notice to allow the executives fill his/her position, and or look into the issue concerning the withdrawal as it maybe.
Present Benin City
Download Registration Form. Click the form below, print it, complete it and send it back to us:
OGBK funds shall be raised through the following means: Registration Fees.
- OGBK shall maintain a Bank Account with a recognized financial institution in the Republic of Ireland and Nigeria.
- The signatories to OGBK account shall be any three or all of the following people: the President, General Secretary, Coordinator, Financial Secretary or Treasurer.
- All monies of the organization shall be deposited in OGBK account within two working days and be receipt for.
In the absent of the treasurer and financial secretary, OGBK can appoint external auditors to audit the financial books of the organization when necessary.
- Money can only be withdrawn from the organization account on approval of the executives.
- Money and/or monies can only be spent only when a budget is presented and approved at the executives.
- All expenditure shall be receipted for.
The Organization Organs: (Structure)
The Organization shall consist of the following bodies:
- OGBK Board of Trustee (Founders and Excellent service)
- OGBK Executive Council. (By merits and donations
- OGBK Executive Members (by dedication and contribution’s
- OGBK Coordinators (Country’s organizer) worldwide.
- OGBK Worldwide Forum (members Worldwide)
- OGBK Special Committee (for a particular purpose)
OGBK Board of Trustee (founders and excellent services)
The functions of the board of trustees shall be:
- To oversee the operation of the organization, ensuring that OGBK constitution is held to, the mission, aim and objectives are met.
- To provide the organization with sound governance strategy and, pro-active at all time and circumstances. They are the founders and the vision bearer of the organization
- To ensure the organization continues to meet up with its financial obligations, as well as be responsible for assuring the financial integrity and solvency of the organization, by establishing procedures to safeguard the organization from risk and fraud.
- To keep OGBK information’s confidential, call executive’s meeting to discuss issue’s affecting the organization, be in charge of executives’ power and OGBK properties should in case organization dissolved, till an executives are elected
- Board of Trustee is constitutionally empowered to dissolve the OGBK executive’s body if a vote of no confidence is passes on the executives elect.
OGBK Executives Council: (by merits and credibility) the function of the executive council shall be;
- To arrange, plan and execute forum with all OGBK bodies.
- To keep the spirit, the dream and the vision of OGBK moving
- To hold on to the aims and objectives of OGBK
- To contributes ideas and monies toward the existence of OGBK
- To approve dismissal or suspension of a member, or an executive member on disciplinary measures
- To approve and decides issues, activities and projects of OGBK The executive’s council is the braves behind OGBK,
OGBK Executives Forum (internal forum)
The supreme organs of OGBK shall be the General forum and shall have the following functions:
- To approve rules and bye-laws to be presented to it by the central executive committee
- To ratify or suspend the constitution and approve amendment thereof
- To approve the payable amount of registration and membership fees, and other levies to be recommended by the executive committee
- To be informed about the annual report by the president/treasurer, and the
President and the executive committee annual plan ahead.
- To set up a special committee for a special assignment.
The President is the head of the executives, he or she must be pro-active, prepare to serve OGBK with good faith, sincerity and love, as well as voluntary donations as the case may be. The President decisions are highly respected and must be enhance to at all time. He or she is the visionary of the origination; his or her decision on issues/matters is final.
When to hold Executive Members Forum:
The executive members forum shall hold at all time and all days, but any issue’s that deserves the opinions and vote of every OGBK members, the secretary, or publicity secretary, or public relation officer shall give notification stating the date, the time and the agenda for discussion at least a week before the vote.
A simple majority shall adopt resolution and decision in the executive members forum when a matter put to a vote, except where otherwise state in the constitution.
Who can represent OGBK?
Four or two members of the executive can represent or act on behalf of the organization provided that two of them are:
- The President, the General Secretary, the Public Relation Officer, and the state Coordinator as the case maybe.
- The President/ Secretary can also delegate individuals of two to four, or group of people to represent or act on the behalf of OGBK.
OGBK Coordinators (Country’s organizer) worldwide
Each country shall have a coordinator to enable OGBK function accordantly in all country. They shall appoint executive’s body such as the secretary, treasurer, financial secretary, public relation officer and media director. These five officers in the region shall automatically be qualifying members of the Central executives. They shall organize and coordinate meetings and events in their region, invite and report to OGBK worldwide central executives.
OGBK Special Committee (For a particular purpose)
A special committee (body) might be set for any of the following reasons/purposes:
- To organize OGBK events, seminars and all other shows
- To resolve issues and conflict within or outside the organization
- For projects’ and business, and other emergency matters that may arise.
OGBK Worldwide Forum (members worldwide)
All indigenes of Great Benin Kingdom are welcome to OGBK Worldwide forum. The principal functions of worldwide forum shall be discussions, sharing of ideas, and to regulate and register members that are committed into the executives’ bodies.
OGBK Executives Bodies:
In order to ensure smooth running and strong adherence of the organization, there shall be executive bodies to take charges of the administration of the organization. And the duties of the executive bodies shall expire after four years (4yrs).
Eligibility of Officers: Persons vying for the executive position’s must be from Great Benin Kingdom, and must be honest and hardworking, He or she must apply for the job he/she intend, and election shall be conducted to that effect to elect whoever that is suitable for the position. And the person must be a registered and financial member of OGBK for one year.
The executive bodies (offices) to run the organization as of now are:
Vice President. General Secretary. Assistant Secretary.
Public Relation Officer (P R O.)/ Information’s Minister Coordinators
Financial Secretary. Treasurer.
Accountant Media director. Chief Editor
Deputy Media Director and communications Assistant Director of Media and Communications Director of Arts and Culture
Cultural Organizer Cultural leader Event Director.
Innovation, Science and Sport Manager Legal adviser
Director of Projects Project Manager
Assistant projects manager Welfare Officers
The duties of each and every one of the executive of Organization of Great Benin Kingdom shall be as follows:
The president is the head of OGBK worldwide; he/she is the head of all the executive bodies and the general forum worldwide.
- He/ she is to be accountable and responsible for the running of the organization
- To supervise the activities of the executives forums and the organization at large
- Summon emergency meetings when necessary with the consent of at least fifty (50%) percent of the members of the executives.
- Have the power to appoint person to an office base on creditability.
- It is an obligation for the president to preside over all meetings of the organization.
- The president conclude deliberation if the house cannot resolves the subject matter appropriately
- The president encourage member or members to ensure that there is continuous existence of the organization
- To present a report of activities, and the budget ahead at the end of each calendar year.
- The president should not be too hard or too liberal, but must be brave and be morally discipline.
He/she shall represent the organization in both judiciary and outside Judiciary.
- The vice president is a consultant / adviser to the president.
- He/she shall perform such duty or duties delegated to him/her by the President
- The vice president shall perform the duties of the president in his/her absence.
- Shall have the right to succeed the president in the event of his/her resignation or when the post of the president becomes vacant by any other reason.
- The General Secretary shall be responsible for the daily operation of the OGBK secretariat, he/she co-ordinate and organize activities and events, and keeps all records.
- The secretary shall be the chief scribe of OGBK. He/her shall take the minutes of the meetings, keep the minute records, write and respond to correspondence on behalf of the organization.
- Send notification’s and arrange meetings of the executives and the general forum worldwide, to ensure good discussion and deliberations.
He/she shall represent the organization in both judiciary and outside Judiciary.
- Shall perform the duties of the Secretary in his/her absence
- Shall assist the Secretary in carrying out his/her duties
All country coordinators shall be in charge of their respective regional activities. Depending on the number of members in each country, they shall elect secretary, financial secretary, public relation officer and media director. They shall organizes and coordinate OGBO meetings and events in their regions.
The financial Secretary should be honest, reliable and regular at meetings, this person work in line with the treasurer at all time.
- He/she shall be responsible for keeping record of all financial transaction of the organization
- Shall collect registration / membership fees, dues, levies and other payments to OGBK as well as providing the payees with the appropriate receipts.
- Operates the organization Bank Account, deposit all money into the organization account, and maintain a regular account record of the organization
- Present financial report to the organization at the end of each calendar year, and a copy of financial report to be submitted to OGBK secretary for documentation.
- Provide on request the organization properties, money and other financial account in his/her possession when needed.
- The treasurer is in charge of the treasury of OGBK worldwide.
- He keeps and perverse the association remains of materials after functions, and he/she is in charge of the organization keys and properties.
- A person who holds this office must be an individual of integrity without criminal record’s
- He collects registration/membership fees, dues, levies and other payments to the organization on the absence of the financial secretary; and provides payees with the appropriate receipts
- Above all, the person must provide on request the organization properties in His/her position.
Public Relation Officer (PRO):
Should be academically and morally discipline, sensitive, bright and brave. He/she shall represent the organization in both judiciary and outside Judiciary
- Shall protect the good image of the organization within and outside the Organization.
- Shall be the links between the organization and the public as the case may be i.e., provides information’s for the organization as well as takes out of the organization
- Attend functions outside the organization provided it is for the interest and benefit of the organization and, a comprehensive report to be submit to OGBK Secretary.
Director of Media and Communication
- This office is the image presenter of the organization. It manages the information’s, image, video, website and all other organization media activities concerning OGBK.
- Be in charge of the OGBK publication’s and news
- Arrange press conferences as it will be directed by the organization
He/she shall see to the smooth and peaceful proceeding of the meetings/functions
- Shall respond to the message from the president and general secretary provided it’s for the interest of the association.
- Constitutional have right to select any member of the house to assist him/her in view of enhancing the function above.
- To ensure the arrangement of event/seats and every other thing before the
Commencement of the meeting/function is oversees.
- To ensure he/she inform members of the message as directed by the president and the general secretary as the case maybe.
The Welfare Officer shall be responsible for the following:
- Shall ensure that all functions are properly conducted and protocol observed.
- Shall ensure that meetings/ conference and all other venues are properly set.
The Event director shall:
- Plans and executes events.
- He/she shall inform OGBK all that is involve organizing an event in a particular season and a particular time.
Shall work with the president and secretary
- To ensure orderliness during meetings, functions and other activities as the case maybe.
- Control meeting/conference by ensuring no one bull another person, no fights and no quarrel arise during discussions.
Director of Arts and Culture
- Organize and present the rich cultural heritage of our Great Benin Kingdom.
- Work with members and others to perform the cultural shows, festivals of arts and culture worldwide as the case may be.
- With the scope of OGBK, be present at all time when cultural event is needed.
Director of projects
- The Director of project shall be in charge of all of our project’s planning, working to execute, monitor and supervision OGBK projects worldwide, as the case maybe.
- Shall work with the project’s team to ensure project is executed according to OGBK plans and direction.
Shall work with the secretary and media director to ensure all OGBK information’s/publications are well presented.
1. Proof read and edits all OGBK articles and others news report before it’s publish.
Election of Executives:
The OGBK shall pick or select three (3) or five (5) members as electoral officers to organize OGBK election. None of the electoral officer’s members must be members of the outgoing executive. The electoral committee board/office shall be dissolve immediately after the election.
- The election shall be every three years (4yrs)
- Any member who has paid his/her dues and other levies without arrears shall be eligible to vote and be voted for.
- A member can nominate he/herself, or to be nominate by other member to contest for office.
- The candidate must be a dedicated central executive member, and must have at least been attending seminars, conference meeting up to the time of the election.
- Candidates are to be elected by a simple majority vote, by vote and the result announced immediately by the electoral committee.
- There shall be a maximum of two (2) candidates for each post; therefore, you must forward your interest on time. In case of where more than two (2) candidates are interested in a particular office, primary election is to be conducted to reduce the numbers to two (2) candidates.
Oath of Office:
All elected officers shall one after the other swears an oath of office conducted by the Chairman of the electoral committee before the executive members saying as follow:
Resident at ————————————————————————————————
Do this day ——/ ——20—– take this Oath and swear as follow; that I promised to serve Organization of Great Benin Kingdom worldwide in this capacity as —————
—————————— By executing, protecting and defending the constitution of OGBK by any possible ways; that I am aware of the task of the office to which I am
elected, and that I promised therefore to do the best to uphold these task and dignity attached to my office with honest, loyalty and obedient, so do help me God and grant me the wisdom and power to execute the constitutional duties to the best of my knowledge.
Terms of Executive Office:
There shall be a maximum of two (2) terms, for duration of four (4) years each tenure.
- Ex-executive officer can contest again for any other office when nominated after the first term of 4 or 8 years been completed.
- Should any of the offices become vacant during the term of office, an executive committee (a bye- election) shall held to fill the vacant office
- Should any of the executive fails to live up to his responsibilities, he/she could be impeached by a two-third majority of the general house
- All out going executive officers shall submit the organization properties in their possession to the new officers elected into their office.
OGBK calendar year begins January – December.
Removal of Officers
The executive officers of the Organization of Great Benin Kingdom shall be removed from office by way of impeachment upon a petition presented to the executive council and signed by at the chairman of disciplinary committee, the president and the secretary of OGBK on any of the following grounds: By reason of inappropriate behavior (not complying with the rules and regulation of OGBK policies) insanity, declared bankrupt and financial mismanagement.
Quorum shall be formed in the executive meeting when half of its members are present, provided the president / vice president, the general secretary or assist secretary is available.
The executives shall take decision by consensus or by simple majority when the matter put to vote, except when it stated in the constitution; decision taken are to be minutes and signed by the general secretary and the president.
All executive members of the Organization of Great Benin Kingdom should entitle to the following benefit / assistance therein:
1. Member has the rights to participate in execution of organization projects and engagements provided the person cooperate with OGBK policies.
2. Member can be OGBO agent or partnership in investments/innovation, provided such person agrees with the OGBK rules and regulations.
3. Member can be assisted on voluntary donation in difficulties: such as loss of properties, sickness, accident etc., the organization shall help with cash donation to be decide by the executive body depending on the seriousness of such problem.
4.In case of a executive member death, the next of kin shall entitle to cash donation to be decide by the executive, and in case the corps is been taking home (Nigeria) the organization shall send two (2) members to escort the body.
Any member who has not spent up to six (6) months with OGBK shall not receive this benefit/ assistance.
OGBK has the right to take any of the following measures against any member who do not comply with the rules and regulations of the organization as the case maybe.
- Nobody have the right to fight or beat any other member during function or at any of the organization gathering/ parties. Any member who does so, and found guilty shall pay fifty (€50.00) euro, while the other member will pay twenty (€20.00) euro.
- Improper behavior such as insulting, bulling, and shouting in writing or audio during discussion or function are disallowed; defaulter shall pay the sum of twenty (€20.00) euro and a warning letter signed by the president and the general secretary approved by the executives. Whereby the member remains adamant, he or she will be suspended from the organization.
- To maintain and keep peace during the organization gathering, the president has right to send member out of the gathering in an event of improper behavior (continues disturbance)
- A member who willfully disturbs/stops the progress of the organization discussion or function is guilty of sabotage. He/she must receive a warning letter signed by the president and the general secretary approved by the executives. Whereby the member remains adamant, he or she will be suspended from the organization.
- In case dispute arise among members during discussion or gathering, the matter shall be settle immediately by executives, and if not possible, a committee shall be set up to settle the matter.
- The president of OGBK shall have the power to discipline any executive officer’s that do not discharge his/her duty on the ground of misconduct or miss-management.
- A member can be expelled from the organization on the ground of indiscipline and immoral behaviors, such as bulling and passing insults on other person, inappropriate adverts/promotional picture’s or video’s on OGBK page’s without OGBK concept.
- If a member expelled from the organization on the ground of indiscipline and immoral behaviors, all the money he/she paid and benefits shall be forfeited.
Some cases and matters shall be referring to the disciplinary committee for actions, if such matter cannot be handle by the president/ executives.
1. This constitution or part of it shall by subject to amendment when a motion moved by the general forum or the executive member’s
2.The motion of 10a as above is put to vote and receives a two-third of the executives’ members.
Validity of Constitution:
In case part of this constitution becomes meaningless due to alterations in the law, the constitution shall remain and the spirit thereof as a whole shall remain valid.
The dissolution will occur:
- When the organization can no longer achieve or fulfill its aims and objectives, and a two-third majority of the central executives support a motion to that effect.
- Election of executive’s shall be deemed dissolved by a 2/3 majority of OGBK
- members, and if voting was improper and election not well conducted.
- In case of OGBK dissolution, the organization assets and liabilities shall be liquidated and the proceeds shall be follows as the case may by.
The organization shall have a Legal Adviser.
OGBK reserves the right to seek legal advice on a variety of matters and act accordingly; as well as seeks the services of its legal adviser for its individual member issue or problem if necessary.
The Organization / Law:
The President, the General Secretary, the Coordinator and the Public Relation Officer shall represent the Organization of Great Benin Kingdom worldwide in both Judicial and outside Judicial.
Membership shall mean registered person with the Organization of Great Benin Kingdom. Organization shall mean the association body of Great Benin kingdom Worldwide.