THE CONSTITUTION OF ORGANISATION OF GREAT BENIN KINGDOM WORLDWIDE (OGBK).
The Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom (hereinafter called the
Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom Worldwide) do hereby make
and enact this constitution to govern and regulate the activities of the
organisation on the principle of justice and equality.
The Name of the organisation is ‘’ORGANISATION OF GREAT BENIN
KINGDOM” (hereby called OGBK Worldwide),
The Organization referred to, as OGBK is a charitable, non-profitable
and non-political, non-religious organization. OGBK is non-violent and
is non-rebellious group.
The languages of OGBK organisation shall be Edo Language and all
other languages in Great Benin Kingdom, including Pidgin English
and English language. Edo language shall be in written and spoken in
OGBK Edo Language platform. Other languages in Great Benin
Kingdom as well shall be in written and spoken in such language
Platform as the case maybe. All business and office of OGBK shall be
conducted in English language and Pidgin English.
OGBK is a socio-cultural organisation; it embraces unity and
humanitarian services, educational development and intercultural
integration among its members and the community.
OGBK shall involve on seminars and lectures, cultural festivals and
arts, innovation and investments in Benin Kingdom and Worldwide.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- To unite all the indigenes of Great Benin Kingdom Worldwide.
- To promote and showcase our Great Benin cultural heritage.
- To educate and impact the Edo language and cultural studies,
such as respect for our custom and elder’s in our society.
- To promote good relationship and integration into our immediate
society by fostering the spirit of cooperation and mutual
understanding by working with all other Great Benin Associations to
achieve a common goal.
- To contribute to the development and the general well being of
Great Benin Kingdom as well as our immediate society.
- To serves, protect and defend the Benin Kingdom by preserving
and retaining our heroes’ works.
- To render charity and humanitarian support to desiring members,
organization or group in Great Benin Kingdom and worldwide.
Membership of the organization shall be open and limited to the
- Who is by Birth, Marriage or associates with the Great Benin Kingdom.
- Who registered with the Great Benin Kingdom organization, and
pay the membership fees and dues as prescribed by the
- Such person referred to, must accepts the aims and objectives of
- And must Pay his /her monthly dues and levies .
REGISTRATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
To be a registered member of OGBK, you are require to:
- Fill the OGBK registration form on online or in pdf and submit.
- Pay the registration fees.
- Accept the aims and objectives of OGBK
Note: There shall be a probation period of three months for a member
to become qualify for a membership rights.
It is important that you register to keep the hope and the culture of
the Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom alive.
WITHDRAWAL OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Any member who wishes to withdraw its membership of the
organization shall inform the OGBK of his/her intention in writing.
The letter shall include the reason/s of the withdrawal.
He/she shall give OGBK one (1) month notice to look into the issue concerning the withdrawal as it maybe.
These are benefits enjoyed by member(s) of the organization,
protected by our rules and regulations as its constitutionally defined.
- Every member shall have the right to vote and be voted for in any
of the organization executives’ election, provided that person is a
financial member of OGBK.
- Every member has the rights to express his/her feelings, or opinion
verbally in any matter arising in the organization.
- Every member has the right to move a motion; such could be in
writing addressed to the President of OGBK or could be
made verbally to the executive Council.
- Member can be assisted on voluntary donation if the need arises,
to be decided by the executive central body.
- Member has the rights to participate in execution of organization
projects and engagements provided the person cooperate with OGBK
6.Members can be OGBK agent or partnership in investments/innovation, provided such person agrees with the OGBK rules and regulations.
- OGBK will not accept any form of bullying, harassment or
discrimination; therefore every member is responsible enough to
maintain good and free discussion within and outside the organization
to embrace dignity of the organization
- Under no circumstances should member’s transact any kind of
business in the name of the OGBK without appropriate consent of the
organization as specified in Article 5
In order to promote the moral and wellbeing of the organization,
ensuring its continuous existence, all members are obliged to:
1. Carry out the duties that might be assigned to him/her in the
interest of the organization.
- Pay dues and other contributions as the House demanded.
- Promote the aims and objectives of the organization; condemn
all forms of discrimination, (based on age, colour, sex, religion, race and hate.
against others freedom) insults or bullying.
- Attend to group chats, meetings/seminars and events
organized by OGBK.
OGBK funds shall be raised through the following means:
• Registration Fees.
OGBK shall maintain a Bank Account with a recognised financial
institution in the Republic of Ireland, Nigeria and other country dimmed fit to be approved by 2/3 (two/third) majority.
1.The signatories to OGBK account shall be any three or all of the
following people: the President, Financial Secretary, Treasurer and the Coordinator in any country on behalf of the President.
- All monies of the organisation shall be deposited in OGBK account
within (5) five working days of receipt.
In the absent of the treasurer and financial secretary, OGBK can
appoint external auditors to audit the financial books of the
organisation when necessary.
- Money can only be withdrawn from the organisation account on
approval of the executives.
- Money monies can only be spent only when a budget is
presented and approved at the executives.
3, Any expenditure shall be receipted for.
THE ORGANISATION ORGANS: (Structure)
The Organization shall consist of the following bodies:
- OGBK Board of Trustee/ Council of Elders.
- OGBK Executive Council
- OGBK Countries Coordinators platform
- OGBK Registered Members.
- OGBK Language Class platform.
OGBK BOARD OF TRUSTEE
- Any Ex-President, Vice-President, General secretary and any Executive who have served this organisation Meritoriously/Tremendously in various capacities. Also, who handed over to any executive peacefully.
- Any Ex-President that ruled for 1 term and handed over to an elected new President, without contesting for a 2nd term
- Any Ex-President that ruled for two(2) terms and successfully handed over to an elected new President.
The functions of the Board of Trustees shall be:
- To oversees the operation of the organization, ensuring that OGBK
constitution is ahead to, the mission, aim and objectives are meant.
- To ensure the organization continues to meet up with its financial
obligations, as well as be responsible for assuring the financial
integrity and solvency of the organization, by establishing procedures
to safeguard the organization from risk and fraud.
- To keep OGBK information’s confidential, call executive’s meeting
to discuss issue’s affecting the organization, be in charge of
executives’ power and OGBK property should in case organization
dissolved, till an executives are elected
- Board of Trustee is constitutionally empowered to dissolve the
OGBK executives bodies if a vote of no confidence is passes on the
OGBK EXECUTIVES COUNCIL:
They shall be made up of the OGBK President and all countries coordinators
The function of the executive Council shall be;
To arrange, plan and execute platform with all OGBK bodies.
To keep the spirit, the dream and the vision of OGBK moving
To hold on to the aims and objectives of OGBK
To contributes ideas and monies toward the existence of OGBK
To approve dismissal or suspension of a member, or an
executive member on disciplinary measures
To approve and decides issues, activities and projects of OGBK
The Executives Council are the braves behind OGBK.
- To set up a Special Committee for a special assignment or has directed by the President.
OGBK EXECUTIVES COUNCIL:
They shall be made up of all the OGBK Executives, like the President, Vice President, Gen. Sec. Assistant Sec, Public Relations Officer etc.
The supreme organs of OGBK shall be the Executive council and shall
have the following functions:
- To approve rules and bye-laws to be presented to it by the executive council.
- To rectify or suspend the constitution and approve amendment
Thereof by a two-third majority.
- To approve the payable amount of registration and membership
fees, and other levies to be recommended by the executive
- An annual report should be presented by the President, General secretary, financial secretary, treasurer and Coordinators of all countries.
The President is the head of the Executives, he or she must be
pro-active, prepare to serve OGBK with good faith, sincerity and
love, as well as voluntary donations as the case may be. The
President decisions are highly respected and must be enhance to
at all time. He/she is the visionary of the organisation. He/she
decision on issues/matters are final.
WHEN TO HOLD EXECUTIVE :
The Executive council meeting shall be held once in a month, but the President can also call for emergency meeting if necessary.
WHO CAN REPRESENT OGBK?
The President if not available can mandate any person at any time to represent OGBK in any part of the world.
OGBK COODINATORS (Country’s organizer) worldwide
Each country shall have a coordinator to enable OGBK function accordingly in all Countries. They shall appoint Executive’s body such
as the Secretary, Treasurer, Financial secretary, Public relation officer
and Media Director. These five officers in the region shall
automatically be qualifying members of the executive council. They
shall organize and coordinate meetings and events in their region,
invite and report to OGBK worldwide Executive Council.
OGBK WORLDWIDE Members (members worldwide)
All indigenes of Great Benin Kingdom are welcome to OGBK
Worldwide. The principal functions of worldwide members shall be
discussions, sharing of ideas, and to regulate and register members
that are committed into the executive’s bodies.
In order to ensure smooth running and strong adherence of the
organisation, there shall be executive bodies to take charges of the
administration of the organisation. And the duties of the executive
bodies shall expire after three years (3yrs).
Eligibility of Officers: Persons vying for the executive position’s must
be from Great Benin Kingdom, and must be honest and hardworking,
He or she must apply for the job intended. Election shall be
conducted to that to elect whoever that is suitable for the
position. And the person must be a registered and financial member
of OGBK for six months.
The Executive bodies (offices) to run the organisation are:
Public Relation Officer (P. R. O).
Director of Arts and Culture
Patron and Matron.
The duties of each and everyone of the executive of Organisation of
Great Benin Kingdom shall be as follows:
The president is the head of OGBK worldwide; he/she is the head of
the executive bodies and the general members worldwide.
- Shall be accountable and responsible for the running of
- To supervise the activities of the executives Council and the
organisation at large
- President can summon emergency meetings when necessary
- Have the power to appoint person to an office base on
creditability and criteria as approved by the executive council
- The president to preside over all general /executive meetings
of the organisation.
- To present a report of activities at the end of each calendar year
- To make a budget ahead at the end of each calendar year.
- 2 Vice President
- The vice president is a consultant / adviser to the president.
- Shall perform such duty or duties delegated to him/her
by the President
- The vice president shall perform the duties of the president in
- Shall have the right to succeed the president in the event of
his/her resignation, or suspension or when the post of the
president becomes vacant by any other reason.
5.Shall be the head of all Social activities and report to the President.
10.3 General Secretary:
- The General Secretary shall be responsible for the daily
operation of the OGBK secretariat and keeps all records.
- Shall take the minutes of the meetings, keep the minute records,
write and respond to correspondence on behalf of the
organisation as approved by the President.
3.Shall summon all general and executive meeting as directed by President.
- Shall present all secretariat reports at the end of each calendar year.
10.4 Assistant Secretary.
- Shall perform the duties of the General Secretary in his/her absence
- Shall assist the G. Secretary in carrying out his/her duties
10.5 Financial Secretary:
The Financial Secretary should be honest, reliable and regular at
11.Shall be responsible for keeping record of all financial
transaction of the organisation
- Shall collect registration / membership fees, dues, levies and
other payments to OGBK as well as providing the payees with
the appropriate receipts.
- Operates the organisation Bank Account and maintain a regular account record of the organisation.
- Present financial report to the organisation at the end of each
calendar year, and a copy of financial report to be submitted to
OGBK Secretary for documentation.
5.Shall be among the signatories to OGBK account
The treasurer is in charge of the treasury of OGBK worldwide.
- A person who holds this office must be an individual of
integrity without criminal record.
- Shall collects registration/membership fees, dues, levies
and other payments to the organisation on the absence of
the financial secretary; and provides payees with the
appropriate receipts. All money/cheques collected must be lodged into OGBK Bank account within 5 working days.
3.Shall be among the signatories to OGBK account.
- Shall present an annual report st each calendar year.
10.8 Public Relation Officer (PRO):
Should be academically and morally discipline, sensitive and bright.
Shall protect the good image of the organisation within and
outside the organisation
Shall be the links between the organisation and the public as
the case may be.
3.Attend functions outside the organisation provided it is for the
interest and benefit of the organisation and, a comprehensive
report to be submit to the general House.
10.9 Director of Media and Communication
This office is the image presenter of the organization. It
manages the information’s, image, video and all other
organization media activities concerning OGBK.
Be in charge of the OGBK publication’s, news, face book and
manage website along side with the PRO.
Arrange press conferences, as he/she will be directed by the
4 Shall manage the website along side with the President.
10.10 Welfare Officer:
The Welfare Officer shall be responsible for the following:
- For the first hand information of the welfare of all members
- Shall work hand in hand with the President, Executives and all other members of OGBK for their wellbeing.
- Shall formulate a welfare programme with the PRO
- Shall coordinate and respond to emergency calls within OGBK members within/outside.
10.11a First Lady
The first wife of any current President shall automatically be the organisation’s first Lady.
To work together with the Women Leader to organise the women in the organisation in any matter / duties that affect the women, and the organisation’s in general as deem fit for the smooth running of the organisation.
shall take directives from the President of the organisation.
She will be in charge of all OGBK Women
She shall Coordinate all local and international OGBK women worldwide.
10.12 Chief Whip:
Shall work with the president and the secretary
To ensure orderliness during meetings, functions and other
activities as the case maybe.
Control meeting/conference by ensuring no one bull another
person, no fights and no quarrel arise during discussions.
10.12a Director of Arts and Culture
- Organize and present the rich cultural heritage of our Great
- Work with members and others to perform the cultural shows,
festivals of arts and culture worldwide as the case may be.
10.12b Assistant Director of Arts and Culture
Shall work in conjunction with the Director of Arts and Culture
10.12c CULTURAL LEADER
• Shall work along with the director of Arts and Culture.
10.13 OGBK COORDINATORS
The Executive Council of OGBK worldwide shall appoint the Country’s9
Coordinators. He/she shall have secretary, financial secretary,
treasurer, cultural leader, women leader, organizing and publicity
secretary who apply for office’s through the coordinator to the
executive council for confirmation.
The Coordinator shall be in charge of all respective meetings and
activities, and he/she shall be the link officer of OGBK worldwide
Executive Council. All meetings correspondence and documents shall
be handled by him/she. He/she shall work with the secretary and
others to see to the orderliness of OGBK
meetings/deliberation’s and forward all meetings minutes to the
Executive General Secretary.
The Coordinator register members and furnish OGBK Executive
Council, General Secretary with all information’s in hard copy, photos,
DVD or others as the case may be.
10.13b PATRON AND MATRON.
Shall be appointed as seen necessary by the house. Their duties shall be advisory for the organisation, render financial supports to organisation when necessary
MODE OF EXECUTIVE OFFICE
Executive office’s and elections to be suggested by members of the
house and voted with single majority including the position of the
President and all others offices. Any OGBK executive member,
financial member can present or nominate anyone who he or she
feels is best for the President job, the General Secretary job or any
other offices available to be voted by the house in a single majority.
11.1 ELECTORAL PROCEDURE:
The President shall pick or select three (3) or five (5) members as
electoral officers to organise OGBK election. Volunteers shall be (2) two, there after the President shall appoint 3 other members as electoral
officers members to organise elections. The electoral committee board/office shall be dissolve immediately after the election.
- The election shall be every three years (3yrs)
- Any member who has paid his/her dues and other levies
without arrears shall be eligible to vote and be voted for.
- A member can nominate he/herself, or to be nominate by other
member to contest for office, such members shall be financially up to date.
- Candidates are to be elected by a simple majority vote, by vote
and the result announced immediately by the electoral
- Interested members can via for any position and must be ready to give 5-10 mins manifesto on election day.
TERMS OF EXECUTIVE OFFICE:
There shall be a maximum of two (2) terms, for duration of three (3)
years each tenure.
Ex-8 officer can contest again for any other office when
nominated after the first term of 3 or 6 years been completed.
Should any of the offices become vacant during the term of
office, an executive committee (a bye- election) shall held to fill
the vacant office
Should any of the executive fails to live up to his
responsibilities, he/she could be served a warning after for a period of 3 months, there after impeached by a two-third majority of the general house.
All out going executive officers shall submit the organisation
property in their possession to the new officers elected into
their office within 90 days.
Quorum shall be formed in a meeting when half of its
members are present, provided the President or Vice president is available.
All decisions, project, event or any activity’s must be decided and
approve by the general house. The House/ Executive shall take decision by consensus or by simple majority when the matter put to vote, except when it stated in the constitution; decision taken are to be minuted and signed by the President.
MEMBER’S BENEFIT/ ASSISTANCE:
All members of the Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom
Shall entitle to the following benefit / assistance therein:
- Member has the rights to participate in execution of
organization projects and engagements provided the person
cooperate with OGBK policies.
- Member can be OGBK agent or partnership in
investments/innovation, provided such person agrees with the
OGBK rules and regulations.
- Member can be assisted on voluntary donation in difficulties:
such as lost of properties, sickness, accident or death of a member.
- In case of a death of a member, the next of kin shall
entitle to voluntary donations to be decided by the House and in
case the corps is been taking home (Nigeria) the organisation
shall send two (2) members to escort the body.
Any member who has not spent up to one year with OGBK
shall not receive this benefit/ assistance named above.
- This constitution or part of it shall by subject to amendment
when a motion moved by a member and seconded by( 2) two members (OGBK) of the general House
- The motion of such as above is put to vote and received a two/third
Majority of the House.
3 Amendment of this Constitution shall be done every (3)years if deemed necessary.
The organisation shall have a Legal Adviser.
OGBK reserves the right to seek legal advice on a variety of matters
and act accordingly; as well as seeks the services of its legal adviser
for its individual member issue or problem if necessary.
This bye-law is set out to regulate the activities of Organisation of
Great Benin Kingdom (hereinafter referred to as “This body”) and is
subject to the provisions of this association constitution.
The dissolution will occur:
When the organisation can no longer achieve or fulfil its aims
and objectives, and a two-third majority of the House
support a motion to that effect.
In case of OGBK dissolution, the organisation assets and liabilities shall be liquidated and the proceeds shall be donated to charity.
COPY RIGHT POLICY.
On no account must the name organisation of Great Benin Kingdom worldwide otherwise known as OGBK and it’s logo be used by anyone or other organisations to promote him or herself without the consent and approval of the Executive Council of the Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom worldwide.
Anyone found using the above name without approval will be committing an offence under copyright policy and law. The full force of the copyright law shall be triggered on any violator(s).
OATH OF OFFICE:
All elected officers shall one after the other swears an oath of office
conducted by the Chairman of the electoral committee before the
executive members saying as follow:
Resident at ———————————————– —————————
do this day ——/ ——20—– take this Oath and swear as follow; that I
promised to serve Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom worldwide in
this capacity as ——————————————— by executing,
protecting and defending the constitution of OGBK by any possible
ways; that I am aware of the task of the office to which I am elected,
and that I promised therefore to do the best to uphold these task and
dignity attached to my office with honest, loyalty and obedient, so do
help me God and grant me the wisdom and power to execute the
constitutional duties to the best of my knowledge.
Elder Christopher Okunkpọlọr
Chairman Constitution Drafting Committee.
Engr. Isaac Igbinosun
Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom Worldwide.
CODE OF CONDUCT
OGBK has the right to take any of the following measures against any
member who do not comply with the rules and regulations of the
organisation as the case maybe.
a. Nobody have the right to fight or beat any other member
during function or at any of the organisation gathering/
parties. Any member who does so, and found guilty shall pay fifty (€50.00) euro, while the other member will pay twenty ((€20.00) euro.
b. Improper behaviour such as insulting, bulling, and
shouting in writing or audio during discussion or function
are disallowed; defaulter shall pay the sum of twenty
(€20.00) euro and a warning letter signed by the president
and the general secretary approved by the executives.
Whereby the member remains adamant, he or she will be
suspended from the organisation.
c. To maintain and keep peace during the organisation
gathering, the president has right to send member out of
the gathering in an event of improper behaviour
d. A member who wilfully disturbs/stops the progress of the
organisation discussion or function is guilty of sabotage.
He/she must receive a warning letter signed by the
president and the general secretary approved by the
executives. Whereby the member remains adamant, he
or she will be suspended from the organisation.
e. In case dispute arise among members during discussion
or gathering, the matter shall be settle immediately by
executives, and if not possible, a committee shall be set
up to settle the matter.
f. The president of OGBK shall have the power to discipline
any executive officer’s that do not discharge his/her duty
on the ground of misconduct or miss-management.
g. A member can be expelled from the organisation on the
ground of indiscipline and immoral behaviours, such as
bulling and passing insults on other person, inappropriate
adverts/promotional picture’s or video’s on OGBK page’s
without OGBK concept.
h. If a member expelled from the organisation on the ground
of indiscipline and immoral behaviours, all the money
he/she paid and benefits shall be forfeited.
Some cases and matters shall be referring to the disciplinary
committee for actions, if such matter cannot be handle by the
18.1 REMOVAL OF OFFICER’S
The Executive officer’s of the Organisation of Great Benin Kingdom
shall be removed from office by way of impeachment upon a petition
presented to the House and signed by the Chairman of Disciplinary
Committee and its secretary of OGBK on any of the
following grounds: By reason’s of inappropriate behaviour; not
complying with the rules and regulation of OGBK policies, working
contrary to OGBK, insanity, Financial or other
The President and any other members of the Executive shall without
prejudice to any other provision of this constitution be deemed
removed from office when a vote of NO confidence is passed by the
House under the following conditions.
a. Whenever a notice of impeachment for misconduct, malpractice or
miss-management signed and supported by (1/2) half of the
General house made in writing or any other form accepted presented
before the President.
b. The President or Secretary if involved, any other member of the
executive shall within (2) days of the receipt of such notice ensure
that a copy is served on to the office involved.
c. The allegation to be investigated within two weeks by a committee
of five members to be nominated by the House.
d. The Executive who conduct is under investigation have a right to
defend his/herself subject to the provision of this constitution, but stand suspended from the time the notice is read before the house until the issue is resolved or disposed.
e. Where the allegations is substantiated and it is supported by two
third (2/3) majority of the members of the house, and a properly
constituted meeting of members voted to this effect has taken place.
The executive as the case may be will within one week be serves a
letter of No confidence and be remove from the office.
Download Registration Form. Click the form below, print it, complete it and send it back to us: